So I watched a video today that I will share with you all, and it inspired me to share my thoughts on a subject, 5 Ways to Face Your Fears. All of us at a time in our life will have what have been commonly referred to as haters, doubters and naysayers. Our life is to be lived by us, to follow the values we have instilled within, but to quest for the things that make us most happy in life, even if that isn’t the wish of our nearest and dearest.
They may scoff, they may rail against you and beat you back, but if you persist, you don’t back down to them, they will soon see that you believe in your quest, your goals, YOURSELF! This is how winning is done.
So this 34 year old that was in a video, was shaking in his boots, so nervous about his big event, I imagine I would have felt similar standing in front of 100k people, or whatever, but this gentleman, Christopher faced his fears, proved the naysayers wrong and had a standing ovation. I took a few minutes to think of 5 Ways to Face Your Fears while watching, I’ll share them below.
So if you aren’t teared up and can read this still, here are the 5 Ways to Face Your Fears that I felt Christopher did in this video.
- Take the 1st Step. For Christopher he sent in his entry. Sounds simple right? The journey of a 1000 miles begins with the 1st step. This takes courage and even a inkling of faith…even if its a small as a mustard seed when you first step off.
- Have a meaningful WHY. Christopher had a WHY behind his desire to sing. His family surrounded him and barred him up, even when in self doubt, they had his back. That isn’t always the case for some but it made all the difference in carrying himself out on the stage.
- Realize you are not alone. He realized he wasn’t alone out on the stage. He mentioned that the song he was going to sing was played at his granddad’s funeral. He sung that song like his granddad was right there listening. You are never alone in your goals. There will be people who love what you do, and support you. You are never alone.
- Visualize Success – One doesn’t sing like Christopher without putting in the time required to sound amazing. He belted that song and created a standing ovation. Though he was nervous, I wouldn’t doubt it that when he was rehearsing and doing voice lessons that he wasn’t picturing himself on center stage doing something like Josh Groban does.
- Breathe – Yes super simple. Take a deep breathe. Let it out. Watch Christopher as he does this while waiting for the music. He does it about 2 times before the music starts, and then the entire hall went silent.
You have this in you. Self belief. Confidence. You are great, powerful, and amazing. I have no doubt that you can go forward and show others how great you are, and equipped with these 5 steps, and so many more that are in you, you will accomplish your dreams.
Dont forget to comment below or share on social media. I’d love to support you in your goals in life, fitness, and financial peace.
Click the link below to get me as a free coach, and to reach out to you and offer a helping hand.
Latest posts by fitbyburgan (see all)
- HOW THE 14-DAY FREE TRIAL OF BEACHBODY ON DEMAND WORKS - July 15, 2017
- Beachbody Health Bet - August 18, 2016
- Geek Mindset Post - April 22, 2016