This chili is AMAZING!! We made it just the other day! It is so good, and even had a nice little spicy kick to it.
It’s from Beachbody’s Body Beast meal planner.
BEAST TURKEY CHILI
Makes 4 servings, 1 1/2 cups each
What you need:
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey meat
1 medium white onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1 (15 oz.) can kidney or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce (no sugar-added variety)
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What to do:
– Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
– Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
– Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; stir and cook for 1 minute.
– Stir in kidney beans and tomato sauce; bring to a boil.
– Reduce heat to low and gently simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 min. or until thickened.
– Serve warm sprinkled with parsley.
Tip from the trainer: Store in individual containers and freeze for future meals.
Substitutions: You can substitute diced chicken or turkey breast for turkey. Add garbanzo beans and organic corn for additional texture and flavor.
And just in case you have not seen the current workout I’m doing….here is a little preview.
I’m in the 3rd week of the 2nd Phase of this 90 Day Program. I have loved it. You will too.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Welcome Video – Founder’s Message - March 15, 2013
- HOW THE 14-DAY FREE TRIAL OF BEACHBODY ON DEMAND WORKS - July 15, 2017
- Beachbody Health Bet - August 18, 2016
- Geek Mindset Post - April 22, 2016